Wednesday, October 26, 2011

THE SKELETONS BOOK

Here’s an artifact from my childhood. A simple little handmade book called The Skeletons Book or as I spelled it, The Skeltons Book.


Maybe I was thinking of Red, the famous comedian when I titled it. Probably not, since I was only six when I made this.

Not sure what this book is supposed to be about.


Why did a draw a boulder crushing someone? I have no idea. Maybe the victim turns into one of the ghosts on the next page.


Just in time for the Bong musical number. Singing is a clown, a tiny ghost, a phantom with a top hat, a headless Medusa and our skeleton from the cover.


Oh look, the phantom with a top hat is knighting the skeleton. BINGGG!


Wow, it’s the end of the book! Boy that was a quick read. Looks like the gang has one last musical number to perform. The famous Dee Dee Song! Oh wait...I just noticed the clown is really a witch. Good, because that clown just didn’t make any sense at all!

3 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

Do you think that boulder was crushing someone that had a room next to yours perhaps?

KW said...

EXCELLENT! I love these old kid-made comics. Thanks for sharing!

KW

Anonymous said...

The music on the back cover is the the twilight zone theme.