Friday, December 17, 2010

BARNARD (DUMONT) HUGHES AUTOGRAPH


Back in 2001, I wrote Barnard Hughes, the excellent stage and screen star that played Dumont in Tron. I was thrilled to find this autograph and note waiting for me in my mailbox.


It makes it even more special that he referenced Tron and questioned what a DVD was. Even tho he worked as an actor for many years, I wasn't introduced to his work until the TV show Mr. Merlin. I loved that show as a kid and instantly identified him on the screen when I saw Tron. "Hey, that's the Mr. Merlin guy!"

Sadly he passed away at age 90 in 2006. I'm very happy that his signature is part of my autograph collection. I've met the lovely Cindy Morgan and got her autograph a few years ago. Hopefully one of these days I can meet Jeff Bridges, Bruce Boxleitner and David Warner and then I'll have the main cast in autographs. Someone needs to have a Tron-Con!

For more information on Barnard Hughes click here, here and read his obit here.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Ah, the good old days when we could get autographs through the mail - along with a hand-written note...