Monday, March 23, 2009

1978 WALLPAPER


My mom was cleaning out a closet the other day and found a roll of wallpaper leftover from the first year of our house. The house was built in 1977-78 and this bright leafy wallpaper was in our dining room. I don't think this wallpaper made it into the 1980's and was replaced with something you didn't have to wear sunglasses to look at it.

I'm crossing my fingers that my mom will run across a roll of my old sailing ship wallpaper from my bedroom. If she does, I might be tempted to cover my office walls with it.

3 comments:

Jaysun said...

i remember the first time i rode in a plane, around 1981...i got on the plane and there were accents near the door with a very similar 70's dated pattern... i knew i was going to die on that plane.

Todd Franklin said...

Jaysun - You were probably saved by the 70's wallpaper holding the plane together!

Vlad said...

It is strange....Vlad has this same wallpaper up in one of Vlad's dungeons. It helps....set the mood for the tortures to come.