Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CHARLES PHOENIX & HIS LIVE COMEDY RETRO USA SLIDE SHOW IS COMING TO KANSAS CITY


I'm sure anyone who attends this comedy show will have a swell time. I've never seen one of Charles Phoenix's slide shows before, but I hear it's a rip-roaring retro good time. His shows are usually found on the west coast, but thanks to the fine folks of KC Modern, us mid-westerners will have a chance to see the show on October 4th at 8:00 p.m. For all the details click here.

I've been a fan of Phoenix's slide books for some time and I'm looking forward to seeing the show. As a bonus there will be a vintage stewardess fashion show!

You can find two of his most popular books on Amazon - America the Beautiful and Southern California in the 50's.

2 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

It should be quite the swingin' groovy time NC!

Major Pepperidge said...

I saw Charles Phoenix at the Ford Theater in beautiful Hollywood last year it was a lot of fun. He had the crowd in stitches at times!

The vintage stewardess thing sounds awesome