Wednesday, September 03, 2008

25 FREE FAMILY TRIPS TO DISNEYLAND 1956 AD


Flipping thru a stack of old comics I ran across this ad on the back of Dell's Lassie #28. As with most of my posts and if I have time - I like to do a quick search to see if there might be any info. Sure enough Boing Boing posted about the Barstow family winning this trip to Disneyland via Scotch tape back in 1956. The kicker is that the dad documented the trip with his movie camera.

From the Internet Archive here is the complete 30-Minute film shot by Robbins Barstow just one year after Disneyland opened.



Also, be sure to visit Song of the South.com to see more about this contest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's neat how some of the 'well-wishing' neighbors so violently throw confetti at the family's cab on departure day!

Anonymous said...

Wow… I would also like to have such an amazing free trip to Disneyland.