Saturday, May 26, 2007

1977 STAR WARS TICKET STUBS

Mike has also sent me this first edition Star Wars novelization, that's from his collection and it really is an excellent piece of movie theater history. The original owner kept his ticket stubs from all the theaters he saw Star Wars and even included the dates when he saw it. This is a prime example how Star Wars really captured the imagination of so many people.

Be sure to click on the photos for a closer look.




I decided to scan in a copy of the book's cover that wasn't stapled.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

That is really a neat little piece of history.

Riot Nrrrd™ said...

I haven't scanned it yet, but I still have my ticket stub from when I saw "Star Wars" Ep. IV at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on May 27th, 1977, beating this guy by a full day.

I was a Freshman in College and a bunch of us tried to go on the Premiere day (May 25th) but of course it was a giant clusterf--k, so we decided to wait a day or two until we could actually get a ticket for a showing. In retrospect I wish we'd tried harder to get in the first day!

Anonymous said...

I have original ticket from grauman's from premier may 25 what is it worth. Ticket is large format and not torn. I also have lenticular button from same day it say may the force be with you , and poster given away at the same time.

Anonymous said...

I was sitting on right side of theater and about midway up . Many members of the cast of happy days were sitting in the row in front of me.

Anonymous said...

I have my and my dad's tix from the original movie. Why would you care what they might be worth? It's the memories man. Can't put a price tag on that.